DescriptionPAMIS was established in 1992 to provide support for people with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD), their family and paid carers.
They have a commitment is to ensure that:
* people with profound and multiple learning disabilities are valued both as individuals and in the contribution they make to the community
* they should receive all the support needed to realise their full potential
* their right to a full life shaped by personal choice, abilities and needs underlies all provision and policy affecting their lives
* the knowledge and experience of family carers is recognised, and that their views are fully taken into account in service development
To achieve this, PAMIS offers families:
* practical help, advice, training and information
* individual support, and contact with other families
* assistance with achieving better access to community resources, whether mainstream or specialist
* the opportunity to influence policy and services significantly, both at local and national levels
PAMIS is a voluntary organisation and registered charity with a board of governors.
Registered Charity: 1011895, Scottish Charity Register: CO38601, Company Limited by Guarantee No: 2717020
Governor and Board Member:
|1 Jun 2005 → 1 Sept 2014
|PAMIS (Profound and Multiple Impairment Service Scotland), United Kingdom